Reading: As you may have guessed from the bulk of posts on my blog, I like to read. This was not always the case; indeed, as a child I read as little as possible and found books to be the most disappointing of gifts to receive. This is (obviously) no longer the case. Most of this is due to my activity in BookCrossing, a global book tracking website.
My online literary shenanigans:
- Books read in 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005
- BookCrossing bookshelf
- Book Reviews (that is, all the ones that have shown up on this blog)
- DailyLit (handy for those short on time)
A quick shout-out to the authors I know personally (and you should check out):
Acting: I was in my first play in 6th grade, a one-liner in Cinderella. After that I was in every single play and musical I could possibly get into through the end of high school. My college, unfortunately, did not allow non-majors to participate in any theater productions, but I did do some tech work during graduate school for Othello and King Lear with Shakespeare on the Lawn. Anyhow, here is my illustrious thespian career to date (all shows were private or school productions unless otherwise noted):
- Cinderella, 1991 (old woman)
- Christmas Revels, Station Theatre, 1991 (Princess Somebodyorother)
- West Side Story, 1992 (anonymous Jet in ugly dress)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Now It Can Be Told, 1992 (Jeraldo Riviera)
- Saint George and the Dragon, 1993 (The Doctor)
- Fame, 1993 (chorus)
- Working, 1994 (migrant worker)
- Spoon River Anthology, 1994 (chorus)
- To Kill a Mockingbird, 1994 (townsperson)
- Done to Death, 1995 (some lady who died while wearing a nightgown)
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, 1996 (somebody’s mother)
- You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, 1996 (Patty)
- Under Milkwood, 1997 (Mrs. Somebodyorother)
Movies and Television: I am the webmaster for the Sine Fine Films homepage and have participated in several of its shows:
- Destiny I, II, and III, and the mini-series (Molly)
- Frumpy Gets It (Detective Frank)
- Pandora’s Box (Ryaka)
- The Cursed Destiny of Pandora’s Gift Box (Min-wah)
- Quatrain (Writer #2, Scene 4 actor)
Assorted Pursuits: None of these warranted long descriptions. And I like lists.
- Swap-Bot: I used to just swap Artist Trading Cards. Now I also swap books, stories, journals, and other assorted stuff. Good times. Very addictive.
- Neopets: I’m not as active as I was for a while, but I still go back from time to time.
- Kakuro: Cannot. Stop. Playing.
- Markeroni: I never thought I’d get into photographing historic landmarks, but then my friends got into it and I was hooked.
- Geocaching: We’re looking for treasure!